010A - I AM or I AM WHO I AM. (Exodus 3:14)

STUDY IN THE SCRIPTURES
I AM or I AM WHO I AM.
Hebrew Language words used originally at Exodus 3: 14
Greek Language words used originally at John 8:58
Modern day English Version Translations of Exodus 3:14



VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

The 66 little books of the Bible have been directly inspired and authored by Almighty God Yahweh. No argument on this. But please be aware, that the actual autographa (original writings of these all 66 little books called the Bible) do NOT exist today. Not even 1 Original book of the Bible has been found by Archaeologist’s till date today.

All the original hand written and God inspired 66 books of the Bible have totally disappeared from the face of the earth. Why? No one knows. Let’s say only God knows. But he has not disclosed this facet of the truth. The Bible does not answer this question directly, Neighter does it throw any light on its disappearance. 

So always remember when any Confusion or Complication or Contradiction appears in God’s holy and sacred words, most of the times it gets clear on comparing the earliest copies of the Holy Writ in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek languages.

Inadvertently or Ignorantly or even due to human Imperfections and many times due to direct Intervention, humans have either added or removed something or some word or some flavor or have added some emphasis to God’s Holy Word in the many translations and versions of the Holy Bible. Even Almighty God Yahweh (YHWH) knew this was bound to happen in the distant future hence the warning and curse at Revelation 22:18, 19. - New Living Translation “And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person's share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.” 

With the above Information, Knowledge and Understanding now please proceed to read my researched article on the topic of I AM or I AM WHO I AM.

To read an empirical and historical research on the above related topic please read this wonderfully researched material, titled as, TRANSLATIONS ON TRIAL: Is Your Bible the Word of God? By Robert G. Gromacki Distinguished Professor of Bible and Greek Cedarville University Cedarville, Ohio” at:https://www.cedarville.edu/common/translations.pdf



HEBREW WORDS AT EXODUS 3:14 ARE:

In Hebrew Language Script: אהיה אשר אהיה

Transliterated Word to Word in English: Ehyeh asher Ehyeh

Translated Word to Word in Google Translate Tool: I will be who I will be

Translated in Random Online Hebrew – English Translator athttp://www.etranslator.ro/hebrew-english-online-translator.php: I will be who I will be

SEE THE EVIDENCE WITH YOUR OWN EYES WIDE OPEN. Exodus 3:14 in Hebrew Language, below it is a WORD to WORD English translation and on the right hand side, see for yourself with your own eyes how Translators took the liberty of changing direct translated words of Hebrew from, “ I shall become” to present day modern wrong translations of, “I AM”.  




Below Source of Information from:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/iam.htm

The Greek texts of John 8:58:
Let us look at John 8:58 in Greek:
58 εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Ἰησοῦς· ἀμὴν ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν, πρὶν Ἀβραὰμ γενέσθαι ἐγὼ εἰμί.
ἐγὼ (egó) was translated as I.
εἰμί (eimi) was translated as am.· According to Strong's Greek Dictionaryeimi (εἰμί or εἰμὶ) means:
 
"am, have been, it is I, was.  The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist (used only when emphatic) -- am, have been, X it is I, was. See also eieieneinaiheis kath heis,enesomaiesmenesteestikerdosisthio."

"NASB Word Usage
accompanied* (1), accompany* (2), am (138), amount (1), amounts (1), appear* (1), asserted* (1), become* (5), been (45), been* (1), being (26), belong (3), belonged* (1), belonging (1), belonging* (1), belongs (4), bring* (1), came (1), come (5), consist (1), crave* (1), depends* (1), do (1), done* (1), exist (3), existed (4), existed* (1), falls (1), found (1), had (8), happen (4), have (2), have come (1), lived (1), mean (1), mean* (2), means (7), meant (2), originate (1), owns (1), remain (3), remained (1), rest (1), sided (1), stayed (2), themselves (1), there (6), turn (1)."  
· Also, according to Strong's Greek Dictionaryegó (ἐγώ) means: "I, me. A primary pronoun of the first person I (only expressed when emphatic) -- I, me. For the other cases and the plural see emeemoiemouhemashemeisheminhemon, etc."
  
· Also, according to Kypros.org's dictionaryeimai (είμαι), which is a sister word of eimi (εἰμί), means "have".  The following examples prove this:

-”have a good head for" 
reads in Greek as:
      είμαι καλός σε, θυμάμαι καλά (eimai kalos se, thymamai kala) -”have one's hands full"      είμαι απασχολημένος (eimai apascholimenos)
  
· Also, the same dictionary, Kypros.org's dictionary, declares that eimai (είμαι) also means "am":  
-  am
=
είμαι, έιμαι


eimai, eimai
· Also, according to the otenet.gr online dictionaryeimai (είμαι) also means "I am": - είμαι  υπόχρεως = I  am  indebted  
So eimi (εἰμί) and eimai (είμαι) can mean have, am, and few other meanings depending on the sentence and the context.


See the following for more proofs regarding eimi (εἰμί).

Furthermore, in other verses in the New Testament, the Greek of the latter word was translated as "have":
1-  John 3:28 αὐτοὶ ὑμεῖς μοι μαρτυρεῖτε ὅτι εἶπον ἐγὼ / ὅτι· οὐκ εἰμὶ ἐγὼ ὁ Χριστός, ἀλλ' ὅτι ἀπεσταλμένος εἰμὶ ἔμπροσθεν ἐκείνου.
"You yourselves testify that I said, 'I am not the Christ,' but, 'I have been sent before him.'"

Furthermore, the following ample English translations further confirm this:

1.     John 3:28 (New American Standard Bible)28 "You yourselves are my witnesses that I said, 'I am not the Christ,' but, 'I have been sent ahead of Him.'  
2.     John 3:28 (Amplified Bible)28 You yourselves are my witnesses [you personally bear me out] that I stated, I am not the Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), but I have [only] been sent before Him [in advance of Him, to be His appointed forerunner, His messenger, His announcer].  
3.     John 3:28 (English Standard Version)28You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, 'I am not the Christ, but I have been sent before him.'

  
4.     John 3:28 (New King James Version)28 You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, ‘I am not the Christ,’ but, ‘I have been sent before Him.’  
5.     John 3:28 (Young's Literal Translation)28 ye yourselves do testify to me that I said, I am not the Christ, but, that I am having been sent before him;  
6.     John 3:28 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)28 You yourselves can testify that I said, 'I am not the Messiah, but I've been sent ahead of Him.'  
7.     John 3:28 (New International Reader's Version)28 You yourselves are witnesses that I said, 'I am not the Christ. I was sent ahead of him.'  
8.   John 3:28 (Worldwide English (New Testament))28 You yourselves heard what I said. I am not the Christ but I have been sent ahead of the Christ.  

So what did we learn here?

1-  εἰμὶ, while it means "am", but it could also mean "have been, was", or be used in reference to something that happened in the past (before the present).

2- As I already demonstrated in the previous main-section, the context of Jesus' response clearly and indisputably referred to Jesus have already seen Abraham before the latter was even born.

3-  So even if you still insist on translating it as "I am", you still couldn't deny that in both John 3:28 and John 8:58, above, the "I am" was 100% referring to the past, which in English it would be "I have".

4- In all of this, there is not a shred of evidence that suggests that Jesus was declaring to be the "I am What I am" of Yahweh Almighty in Exodus 3.
· Even Yahweh's Statement in Exodus 3 is not only unique to Him.  How many billions and trillions of times did humans throughout history and their lives say I am what I am, or I am who I am?  How times did people say things such as: "Accept me for who I am" and other endless similar statements?

5- It is clear that those who insist on magnifying Jesus to this level (the level of Exodus 3), have no evidence whatsoever to support their claim, and they are nothing but desperate blasphemers. 

Above Source of Information from: http://www.answering-christianity.com/iam.htm

============================================================

Quoted partly but in Verbatim (as it is) from the Original source athttp://www.jewsforjudaism.com/web/faq/faq128.html:

The below is a Rebuttal by Jews regarding Christians misusing John 8:58 to make a wrong claim of “identifying Jesus of the New Testament as Jehovah (Yahweh) of the Old Testament.”

 In John 8:56-58, John is expounding his belief that Jesus had a prehuman existence as an angelic being in heaven. John's Jesus is proclaiming here that this prehumen existence began before Abraham was born: "Before Abraham came into being, I am." The fact of the matter is that the text does not at all indicate how long Jesus supposedly lived before Abraham. In no honest way can John's statement be taken to identify Jesus as God.

========================================================================

Also, when we read Jesus' words, what do we find in New Testament:

·         GOD Almighty is Greater than Jesus.
If Lord Jesus was the, I AM, the Yahweh, the LORD Almighty of Exodus 3:14, then the above statement would not have been made by Jesus.

·         No one is "Good", including Jesus. Only GOD Almighty is Good.
If the, I AM of Exodus 3:14 and the, I AM of John 5:58 is the same as we are TOLD & TAUGHT, then Jesus is making a Contradictory statement above.  

·         Jesus said he doesn't know when the Hour will come.  Only GOD Almighty Knows.
Funny Situation created now. The, I AM GOD of Old Testament only knows the HOUR of the end. The, I AM GOD of the New Testament is clearly admitting that he does not know.  

·         Jesus said that OUR God is One GOD.
 Jesus’s name, Yahushua* in Hebrew language itself has a meaning and it means; “Yahweh is my Salvation.”


*The Names Yeshua and Yehoshua*
By Dr. James Price, professor of Hebrew

Yehoshua in the Septuagint

Two things indicate that Yehoshua is the proper Hebrew name for Jesus:
(1) In the Greek Translation of the OT known as the Septuagint (LXX), the name Joshua is rendered *Iasous* = Jesus.
(2) In the NT, Joshua is mentioned twice (Acts 7:45; Heb 4:8), and in both places the Greek NT spells the name *Iasous* = Jesus.
Thus the Greek *Iasous* is the equivalent of Hebrew *Yehoshua*

Yehoshua in the Hebrew Bible

As far as the Hebrew Bible is concerned, it is important to note that in the early books, the name Joshua is spelled as (     yod-hey-waw-shin-ayin) or on rare occasions as (    yod-hey-waw-shin-waw-ayin). However, in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah, the high priest is named Jeshua the son of Jozadak (    yod-shin-waw-ayin); whereas in the contemporary books of Haggai and Zechariah, the same high priest is named Joshua the son of Jehozadak (    yod-hey-waw-shin-ayin beth-nun). Thus, it can be concluded that in post-exilic times of the Biblical era, the namesYeshua and Yehoshua were regarded as equivalent.

For a more detailed explanation please visit: 
http://www.essene.com/Yeshua/yehoshua.htm

·         Jesus was tempted by Satan for 40 days and 40 nights, while GOD Almighty "cannot be tempted!

 Still Scholars and Evangelists and Priests and Pastors and Elders want to say that the, I AM of John 5:58 is the same Yahweh (YHWH)  now as JESUS in the flesh, the Almighty God in the flesh on planet earth and this ALMIGHTY GOD, THE I AM is being tempted by Satan. OH MY GOD!!!!!! (How can Satan tempt Almighty God Yahweh, when he is on earth or Mars or anywhere in the Universe in whatever form that it so pleases to Almighty God?)

I could go on and on, showing quotations of Jesus that prove that he is only a creation and a servant of Almighty God Yahweh.

======================================================

SEE FOR YOURSELF HOW THE OLDEST TRANSLATIONS OF THE BIBLE FROM THE FOURTH & FIFTH CENTURY TRANSLATE JOHN 5: 58
From the Fourth/Fifth Century:
before Abraham was, I have been
Syriac. Edition: A Translation of the Four Gospels from the Syriac of the Siniatic Palimpset, by Agnes Smith Lewis, London, 1984.

From the Fifth Century:
before ever Abraham came to be, I was
Curetonian Syriac. Edition: The Curetonian Version of the Four Gospels, by F. Crawford Burkitt, Vol. 1, Cambridge, England, 1904.
From the Fifth Century:
before Abraham existed, I was
Syriac Peshitta. Edition: The Syriac New Testament Translated into English from the Peshitto Version, by James Murdock, seventh ed., Boston and London, 1896.

From the Fifth Century:
before Abraham came to be, I was
Georgian. Edition: “The Old Georgian Version of the Gospel of John”, by Robert P. Blake and Maurice Brière, published in Patrologia Orientalis, Vol. XXVI, fascicle 4, Paris, 1950.
From the Sixth Century:
before Abraham was born, I was
Ethiopic. Edition: Novum Testamentum ... Æiopice, by Thomas Pell Platt, revised by F. Praetorius, Leipzig, 1899.

Using the words I AM which is not what the actual sense is either in Greek. Also the context of the John5: 58 speak about AGE OR TIME and not of the TITLE or DIVINITY of Christ.

======================================================

 Jesus didn't even say it (I AM)  in Greek!

Let us also not forget a very very important point here, and that is Jesus did not even speak these words in Greek.  

He spoke them in Aramaic, and we do not have the original texts of Jesus' words. 

What we have today from Greek is a mere translation to what Jesus Christ had supposedly said.  Translations are not originals.  Translations are not inspired by Almighty God Yahweh. Thus, we don't even know FOR A FACT what exactly Jesus really said in Aramaic to begin with, with the Jews around.  

IF Jesus is truly the, I AM the same Almighty God Yahweh the I AM of the Old Testament then WHY DID THIS I AM (JESUS) RUN FROM THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WANTED TO BEAT HIM UP!

Did the, I AM of the New Testament get Scared of a Beating?
This all happened right after Jesus supposedly gave his Ultimate Statement about his real deity! Of he supposedly claiming to be ALMIGHTY GOD! Of course, Jesus never gave such statement (the, I AM in Exodus 3:14).  This is only the Trinitarians’ desperate wishes and blasphemies.  Do you see how twisted and blasphemous the Trinitarians’ and Binatarians (TWO GOD IN ONE GOD THEORY) logic is?


Who Decided Arbitrarily On Their Own To CAPITALISE only these two words of I AM in the Old Testament and the New Testament Bible in English language translations?
 CAPS are given or introduced by the Translators. But why? Why are imperfect, uninspired, mere humans adding CAPS to the words I AM, when in the Original Copies of the Hebrew Scriptures in Hebrew there is nothing in CAPITAL words? Their only sacred job is to do an HONEST TRANSLATION WORK, not to add their EMPHASIS to Gods Sacred words.


Some Modern day English Version Translations of Exodus 3:14

Exodus 3:14 CJB
http://www.biblestudytools.com/cjb/exodus/3-14.html

14 God said to Moshe, "Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh [I am/will be what I am/will be]," and added, "Here is what to say to the people of Isra'el: 'Ehyeh [I Am or I Will Be] has sent me to you.'"
Exodus 3:14 (DRC1752) Douay-Rheims Challoner Revision 1752

God said to Moses: I AM WHO AM. He said: Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel: HE WHO IS, hath sent me to you.

Exodus 3:14 M (Moffatt Translation)

 "God said to Moses, "I-will-be-what-I-will-be: tell the Israelites that I-will-be has sent you to them."

Exodus 3:14 (Bible in Living English)



Exodus 3:14 Rotherham Bible

14 And God said unto Moses, I Will Become whatsoever I please, And he said—Thus, shalt thou say to the sons of Israel, I Will Become hath sent me unto you.

Exodus 3:14 New World Translation 2013 Revised Version

 14  So God said to Moses: “I Will Become What I Choose* to Become.”*+ And he added: “This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘I Will Become has sent me to you.’”

Exodus 3:14 - Tanakh, JPS, 1985.

"And God said to Moses, `Ehyeh (hyh))-Asher-Ehyeh.' (a) He continues, `Thus shall you say to the Israelites, "Ehyeh (b) sent me to you."'" – Tanakh, JPS, 1985.

Tanakh Footnotes:

"(a) Meaning of Heb, uncertain; variously translated: "I Am That I Am; "I Am Who I AM; I Will Be What I Will Be; etc."

"(b) Others "I AM or "I Will Be."

Exodus 3:14 - Miles Coverdale Bible (1535).

God saide vnto Moses: I wyl be what I wyll be. And he sayde: Thus shalt thou saye vnto ye children of Israel: I wyl be hath sent me vnto you.

In addition in many other English Bible Translations there were the following alternate readings in footnotes:

American Standard Version - “I WILL BE”; NIV Study Bible - “I WILL BE”; Revised Standard Version - “I WILL BE”; New Revised Standard Version - “I WILL BE”; New English Bible - “I WILL BE”; Revised English Bible - “I WILL BE”; Living Bible - “I WILL BE”; Good News Bible - “I WILL BE.”

================================================================

All the places where ehyeh is used in the writings of Moses are listed below. I believe you will find they all mean "I will be" not "I am," particularly when it is Jehovah/Yahweh speaking about his relationship to his people (as also in Ex. 3:14) 

Now look up all the other scriptures which use ehyeh in the rest of Moses’ writings and see how they are translated:

Genesis 26:3 (Jehovah: "I will be with you" NRSV)
Genesis 31:3 (Jehovah: "I will be with you" NRSV)
Exodus 3:12 (Jehovah: I will be with you" NRSV)
Exodus 4:12 (Jehovah: "I will be with your mouth" NRSV)
Exodus 4:15 (Jehovah: "I will be with your mouth" NRSV)
Deuteronomy 31:23 (Moses: "I will be with you" NRSV)

Exodus 3:14 is incorrectly rendered as “I am” in many Trinitarian & Binatarians* translations.
*Binatarianism is a Christian theology of two persons, personas, or two aspects in one substance/Divinity (or God). Classically, Binatarianism is understood as a form of monotheism — that is, that God is absolutely one being; and yet with Binatarianism there is “twoness" in God, which means one God family. In other simple words, Trinitarians have 3 Gods or Persons or Deities in one God; similarly Binatarians have 2 Gods or 2 Persons or 2 Deities or 2 Members of the same Godhead family.

Friends & Guests, If your like what you read, please react with your views and news too for this individual post. Thanks.